1. Free BowlingVisit Kidsbowlfree.com to sign your kids up for two free games a day. Bowling lets you keep your kids safe inside from overheating or getting sunburn while they can exercise and have fun.
2. Free moviesAnother free activity offered in the summer is at Marquee Cinemas. Every Tuesday and Wednesday at 9:30 am, kids can get in for free. Get there early to make sure you get good seats.
3. Lakes ParkEveryone's favorite Fort Myer's park is Lakes Park. Parking is only $5 for the whole day, or $1/hr. Kids particularly enjoy playing in the safe water area. Make sure to check out the bike rentals, playgrounds and even a train.
4. ImaginariumNo longer do you have to restrict your children from touching everything at the museum! Visit the hands-on museum and aquarium, also known as the Imaginarium this summer to learn and have fun.
5. Castle GolfRight next to the beautiful Lakes Park is Fort Myer's favorite miniature golf joint, Castle Golf. Highly ranked by both professional mini golfers and visitors alike, Castle Golf is one of the largest mini golf courses around.
6. Manatee Park
Come see the Manatees during the summer before it gets too cold. They're precious creatures, and often out of sight.
7. JetBlue ParkWitness for yourself spring training of the Red Sox at their personal stadium, JetBlue Park. Known as the "Fenway Park of the South," it doesn't cost much to get a good view of the team.
Keep calm and carry on this summer in Fort Myers with these fun activities!